one-CPU-one-vote, the world’s fastest PoW blockchain
The meaning of Yumekawa
Sugarchain’s first node software is called
Yumekawa (夢川). It can be translated in some ways.
- “Yume (夢)” means dream and “Kawa (川)” means river. So it’s
Dream River in japanese.
- The second letter “Kawa” stands for “Kawaii (可愛い)”. In this case the meaning is
- Also Yumekawa replaces the word
Core (ie: Bitcoin Core). We think it sounds a bit centralized.
||SugarShield-N510 (based on Zcash’s modification of Digishield)
12,500,000 Blocks (approx. 2 years)
||YespowerSugar (based on Yespower 1.0.1)
||34230 (RPC 34229)
||None (No ICO, No Presale, No Founder’s rewards)
The world’s fastest PoW blockchain
- 5 seconds transaction speed
- 120x faster than Bitcoin
- 30x faster than Litecoin
- 12x faster than Dogecoin
- Stable transaction time:
- Even if the hash power suddenly increases, the block time remains 5 seconds. It is against hash attacks.
- Don’t worry about orphan blocks:
- According to the testnet results, the average orphan rate is under 3% and no problem occurs.
A better halving
- Halving is everything about limiting the total supply:
- Bitcoin is valuable because its total supply has been strictly limited, unlike traditional currencies.
- This total supply is controlled only by that halving. There is nothing else.
- We made this halving better.
- Block reward:
- The block reward should be to a power of two, so that it halves correctly.
2^32/1e+8 = 42.94967296 SUGAR
- Halving schedule:
12500000 blocks (5^8*32) which is about 2 years (exactly 1.9818619989852864… years).
- The total number of times halving will occur is
33 times, over the span of approximately
- Total supply:
1073741824 SUGAR in theory, and
1073741823.875 SUGAR in actual.
- The difference is
0.125 SUGAR. One Satoshi (0.00000001) limitation makes this difference. In addition, this number is meaningful. FYI:
1 GB = 1073741824 Byte (2^30).
- The total supply of Sugarchain is about
51 times greater than Bitcoin.
- Halving Chart:
- Halving Table:
“31/Oct/2008 Proof-of-work is essentially one-CPU-one-vote”
Satoshi Nakamoto talked about the importance of decentralized mining in his whitepaper. We want to create a blockchain that anyone can do mining easily without any entry barriers.
- CPU mining only
- YespowerSugar (based on Yespower 1.0.1) is only for Sugarchain, not compatible with other Yespower coins.
- The minimum difficulty (powlimit) is set low enough for two reasons. The first is to handle fast block time; The second is to allow mining on slow CPUs.
- Mining efficiency:
- According to the test results, the most efficient is using 8 threads on a single CPU.
- YespowerSugar is more suitable for older CPUs, because it is essentially a multi-threading resistor. Suitable for smartphones and raspberrypi.
- NO GPU: GPU mining is not possible.
- NO ASIC: ASIC mining is not possible.
- Native segwit (Bech32) address built-in by default: Starting with
- Fast blockchain synchronization: Using sha256d in header indexing, the initial synchronization speed is as fast as Litecoin.
- Disk space requirements:
- Blockchain size growth is around
10 MB per day and around 3.65 GB per year.
- Network rules:
- To prevent fraud and timestamp attacks, nodes should be within
70 seconds of accurate internet time, or they will be banned.
- Selfish mining & time warp attack:
- Fraud techniques for manipulating timestamps are already known. We use a future time limit (FTL) to prevent this. Blocks that differ
60 seconds or more from the current head will be banned. (credit: zawy12)
Bech32 address is by default and strongly recommended.
-t1 uses 1 thread. If you want more hash, increase this number.
./cpuminer -a sugarchain -o stratum+tcp://POOL_ADDRESS:PORT -u sugar1q... -t1
Please contact us if you have a new mining pool.
3rd Party Wallet
Sugarchain Yumekawa is released under the terms of the MIT license. See COPYING for more
information or see https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT.
- Copyright © 2009-2010 Satoshi Nakamoto
- Copyright © 2009-2018 The Bitcoin Core developers
- Copyright © 2013-2019 Alexander Peslyak - Yespower 1.0.1
- Copyright © 2016-2018 The Zcash developers - DigiShieldZEC
- Copyright © 2018-2020 The Sugarchain Yumekawa developers